1. Introducing the Home-in Service
Welcome to the Home-in app (App)or the Home-in website (Website).
In these terms, “x15ventures”,"we","us"and "our" means CBA New Digital Businesses Pty Ltd (ABN 38 633 072 830) trading as Home-in Digital of Ground Floor Tower 1 Darling Park, 201 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (ABN 48 123 123 124 and AFSL 234945).
The App and Website will enable you to access various services (the Services)provided by third party providers (the Service provider(s))as updated from time to time (such as legal services and, depending on your location, property inspection services), streamlining and integrating some of the processes involved in a residential property transaction.
The App and Website will digitally assist you and your selected Service providers to keep up-to-date and on track for activities required for a residential property transaction in Australia.
You will only be able to use the App and Website with a compatible Device.
2. Your contract with us
3. Your other contracts
Any Service that you access via the App or Website will have its own terms and conditions governing the terms of supply of that Service by your selected Service provider. You will be required to agree to those terms and conditions before using that Service. You acknowledge that the Service is provided by your selected Service provider (and its subcontractors) and that x15ventures has no liability to you in respect of the provision of that Service (including but not limited to any sub-contracted services provided by x15ventures on behalf of the Service Provider relating to the Services) except to the extent caused by our negligence, fraud or willful misconduct.
Any use of the App or Website (in whole or part) in any other manner, including but not limited to, resale, transfer, modification or distribution of the App or Website is prohibited.
5. Accessing Home-in
Home-in can be accessed using the App or Website. You can download the App from (depending on your Device) either the App Store or the Google Play Store. Home-in will use the mobile number and email that you provide in registration to set up your Home-in account. This email will be your username each time you log in to the App or Website.
You can use the App or Website if you intend to purchase or sell residential property with another person(s), however only one person may access or use the App or Website for the purposes of the transaction. You will need to provide information on all parties of the transaction in the App or Website, including full name, date of birth, email address and residency status. It’s your responsibility to ensure you have obtained consent from all other parties to share this information with Home-in. All parties will also be required to acknowledge that they will be jointly responsible for instructions, requests and transactions you make using the App and Website. We may also use this information to provide these other parties with information relevant to the transaction.
If you intend to purchase or sell the residential property with another company we may require you provide details of that company, including relevant personal details of the directors and if you provide such information that provision will imply that you have their consent to share such information with Home-in.
To use the App or Website you will need to:
- be an individual or a director acting on behalf of a company;
- be aged 18 years or over; and
- provide all information required by the App or Website.
- you will not use another person’s email address, identity or contact details;
- you will not sell, transfer, or assign any rights you have in relation to the App or Website – this includes sharing your access or information from the App or Website with any other person;
- you are solely responsible for all activities that occur using your password (including where your fingerprint is used as your password)and login, whether or not you authorize the activity;
- you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and login for restricting access to the device on which the App or Website is installed;
- we may reject the use of any email address or password (including the use of your fingerprint as your password) for any reason in our sole discretion.
6. How to protect your account
You must act with care in protecting your account and password.
- lock your Device where possible and take reasonable steps to stop unauthorised use of the App or Website or disclosure of your password;
- only install approved applications on your Device;
- memorise your password as soon as possible, then destroy or delete any record of it;
- if you need to keep some ‘prompts’ to assist you to remember your password, disguise them so that others can’t decipher them; and
- regularly change your password.
- override the software lockdown on your Device (i.e. jailbreak or root your Device);
- write down your password, or any prompts that could allow others to guess your password;
- keep a copy of your password on your Device;
- tell your password to anyone – not even family or friends;
- use your birth date or a numeric version of part of your name, or a number or word that someone can easily guess as your password;
- let anyone see your password when you’re using it; or
- use an existing password that you have for a debit or credit card.
If you believe your password or account details have become known to someone else, notify us immediately by raising a request for support in the App or on the Website, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Using fingerprint, face or iris recognition for access
If you or someone else changes the Biometric Identifier access setting son your Device, then (as a security measure) Biometric Identifier access to the App will become disabled and you will be prompted to enter your password to log on to the App. You should only re-enable the Biometric Identifier access setting if you are sure that the changes that were made to your Biometric Identifier access settings were made by you.
Biometric Identifier functionality is technology provided by third parties such as Apple, Google and mobile phone manufacturers. Accordingly we are not responsible:
- for any malfunction to the Biometric Identifier functionality; or
- if those third parties make any changes to Biometric Identifier technology that impacts the way you access the App.
You will still be able to access the App using your password.
8. Fees and charges
There are currently no fees charged by us for using the App or Website. However, there are fees and charges for use of the Services accessed via the App or Website. Fees and charges for these Services are disclosed in the supplier terms and conditions found after logging into the App or Website. These fees relate to the Services performed including processing services for the Service provider (including but not limited to providing a payment mechanism for you to pay fees and charges in relation to Services).
We may receive a payment from the Service provider in relation to these sub-contracted services.
9. Making a complaint
We try to get things right the first time – but if we don’t, we will do what we can to fix it. You can raise a request for support or, if necessary, make a complaint directly in the App or on the Website, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- keep a record of your complaint;
- give you a reference number and a staff member’s name and contact details so you can follow up with them if needed;
- respond to the complaint within 21 Business Days, or tell you if we need more time to complete our investigation;
- do our best to give you our final response within 45 Business Days; and
- if we can’t complete our investigation within 45 Business Days, we’ll let you know why.
The App or Website is not provided by Apple, Google or any other third party distributor. Accordingly, any queries or complaints regarding the App or Website (including but not limited to issues relating to intellectual property) should be directed to us. This condition applies for the benefit of Apple, Google and any other third party distributor.
10. When we may limit or withdraw the App or Website or end this agreement
Were serve the right at any time to limit or withdraw access to the App or Website or any of the features or Services on the App or Website, or to refuse to process a transaction, without first telling you if:
- you give your password to another person to use (for example your partner, spouse, child, friend or parent);
- we believe the App or Website has been or may be used illegally or in a way that may cause lossto you or us;
- we reasonably suspect you of engaging in fraud or any other illegal activity or you use or attempt to use the App or Website to engage in any activity that is not legal in Australia;
- we consider it necessary to manage our regulatory or other obligations;
- we are required to do so in order to comply with any applicable laws (such as anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing laws, or sanction laws);
- you gave us false or inaccurate information when you registered for the App or Website;
- you include or use inappropriate content on the App or Website;
- for security reasons or to perform maintenance; or
- where there are technical or operational reasons and we consider it necessary or appropriate to do so.
We may end this agreement or limit or withdraw your access to the App, the Website, any of the features on the App or Website, or the Services for any other reason by giving you at least 7 Business Days ’notice.
Should any of these events occur, you acknowledge that your personal settings and other saved data may be lost, and that we are not responsible for any such loss.
The App or Website sends notifications and alerts to your registered email address and mobile number. In order to receive such notifications and alerts, you must promptly update your email address and mobile number in the App or Website if incorrect or out of date. Alternatively, you may raise a request for support in the App or Website and a member of the Home-in support team can assist you to do so.
Notifications and alerts may include:
- completion of activities in the home buying journey, for example, updates and reminders relating to home buying tasks;
- approaching deadlines; and
- security and service alerts.
You acknowledge that the delivery of notifications and alerts may be subject to the quality of your connection and it is your responsibility to check any information before acting on it.
12. Your information
Home-in collects and stores information when you:
- in the case of the App, download, install and use the App, and register for and login to use the App and the Services accessed via the App; and
- in the case of the Website, access and use the Website, and register for and login to use the Website and the Services accessed via the Website.
You must give us accurate and complete information. Otherwise, you may bebreaking the law and we or your Service providers may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require. If you change your personal details (for example, name or email address) you must tell us straight away.
13. Intellectual Property
By using the App or Website you agree that:
- you do not have any right, title or interest in or to any proprietary rights relating to the information contained in the App or Website; and
- the supply of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
15. Other things you should know
- if using the App, cease using and uninstall the App immediately; or
- if using the Website, cease using the Website immediately.
Any links to third party sites appearing in the App or Website are provided for your convenience only. Your access of third party sites using these links is done at your own risk.
15.6 Applicable law
15.7 Services only provided to Australian residents
This App and Website (including the Services provided through the App and Website) are only available to Australian residents and by agreeing to these terms and conditions you represent that you are an Australian resident or a company incorporated in Australia.
15.9 Meaning of words
"Business Day" means a day on which banks are open for general banking in Sydney, not being a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday. "Device" means:
- Apple devices that meet the requirements listed in the Apple App Store;
- Android devices that meet the requirements listed in the Google Play Store; and
- computers or other devices on which the browser is compatible with the Website.
"Home-in" means the service provided by us from time to time under that name which is accessible through the App or Website.
"you" or "your" means the person downloading the App or accessing the Website.