Who we are?
Home-in, (Home-in, We, Us and Our) is a digital home buying service (provided by the Home-in website and app) that helps users manage and complete tasks involved in the home buying journey, and provides access to the services customers need to complete their home buying transaction. Home-in is wholly owned by x15 ventures, which is part of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Group which includes the Commonwealth Bank and its subsidiaries (the Group).
- Focus on solving problems that matter, helping customers as they make the most emotional and expensive purchase of their lives – their home.
- Opportunity to disrupt traditional industries that have not changed in many decades. Build features from ground up that have impact, full autonomy to execute with ability to influence future direction, tooling and tech stack.
- Join the crazy ride of scale-out with a growing team and system scale-up from 1000s of active users to millions of active users around the world. We are doubling every quarter!
- Work with leaders from Atlassian, CBA Digital and Telstra to build Australia’s next-generation ‘buy a house’ app.
- Home-in is a business operating within CBA’s x15ventures. x15ventures is committed to shaking up the financial services landscape by delivering customers new products and services that they truly need.
If you want to be a part of one of the first and fastest growing customer-driven start-ups, we want to hear from you!
Where do you fit in?
We are seeking a User Experience Researcher to join Home-in. Reporting into the Design Lead you will help to drive the core consumer experience. Part of this will include a replatforming of the Home-in experience to native mobile.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and our partner network, and develop a long-term research program that aligns with product, design and business objectives.
- Work with the Lead Designer on identifying key user segments for our products by creating and conducting design thinking research activities such as interviews, workshops, contextual enquiry, competitive analysis, user tests and surveys.
- Take a user-centered design approach, rapidly testing and iterating designs with both internal stakeholders and end-users.
- Discover and map the current state of customer/user lifecycle and empathy.
- Be an advocate for research across the broader business by communicating your research findings through storytelling to different audiences, including executives and non-experts, through engaging workshops, reports, presentations, video reels, and informal conversations.
- On occasion, work with marketing and external agencies on brand perception and driving positive outcomes for quarterly team OKRs.
- You can provide feedback and direction to junior designers whilst managing your own deliverables, timelines and deadlines.
- Work with product managers post app update or feature launch to document and track usage metrics, app heat maps and user feedback via NPS and CSAT.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.